24 October 2007

365 Challenge


I have been making my own version of Leanne Beasley's "365 Challenge" http://leanneshouse.typepad.com/ - I didn't think I would keep up with one block per day - one block per month is more achievable for me and I've been wanting to make red star blocks for ages (no special reason, just because). I've been using a different designer's stitchery patterns each month and they are all stitched with DMC 115 (variable garnet). Received some of this thread in a kit last year and have used it so much since (eg Helen Stubbings' Santa Sack). The other blocks can be seen at http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/557730759QLHiMB.

Aside from doing this, I've been tracing, vliesofixing etc so that I have some stitching to take on our holiday. Next week John and I with our dear friends are going to Tasmania for 15 days. We are so looking forward to our trip and meeting up with some other friends during our travels.

Three quilts are almost finished - just little bits of handquilting here and there - don't think I'll get around to that until after Christmas (but then it'll be a bit hot here to be handquilting). They are the last 3 on this page http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/249716811VNCEyA?start=12 (have been having a little trouble uploading pictures today).

And, just to top off today, found out early this morning that another dear friend's daughter had a baby boy last night - what wonderful news. Welcome to the world Johannes!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Lynda,
I cant believe you made that Paddington Satchel 9 times!! OMG!!! The ones I made for both myself and Kristy was the large one.
Just loooove your 365 quilt, looks fantastic!!
Looking forward to seeing you VERY soon xx

Unknown said...

Love your version of the 365 challenge. I think I prefer monthly blocks rather than daily entries.

Helen said...

Hi Lynda,

I truly don't know how you get everything done, you are amazing.

Love your challenge blocks they really are great.

Helen

Annie said...

Love the idea of a block of the month just all by yourself. I'm off to research that idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...