30 January 2008

Truly Scrumptious

My friend Sarah and I have started making "Truly Scrumptious", the gorgeous new quilt from Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches.

I tried to be very good and use fabrics from my cupboard and have managed this pretty well - the only fabrics I've bought are the stripe for the binding, the floral for the outer border (these were both remnant pieces) and the rosebud stripe for one block inner border and the sashings (this was a great special from a local shop).

Because of the fabrics chosen I've changed a couple of the DMC colours from the colours used in the pattern (347 to 600 and 57 to 4210).

There is a bonus block design to use as a label and as this girl's name is Elizabeth (written Elisabeth) I want to make her the centre block of the quilt. So Miss Izzy in the photo will be the label.

The Girls are great fun to stitch.

11 comments:

De said...

Great progress Lynda - you will be finished in no time. Lovely quilt

Alison said...

Just love the stitchery quilt. The colours are going to be lovely!

Helen said...

Wow Lynda you are off to a flying start this year.

Well done.

Helen

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh what a lovely quilt...the stitcheries are so cute...and to get most of the fabric out of your stash, well done.

keslyn said...

I look forward to seeing your progress with this quilt, it truly is a very scrumptious quilt. Your colours look great.
Happy stitching
Kerry

Christine said...

Love this quilt. The fabrics you are using are gorgeous. Please keep sharing your progress.

Jen said...

Looks lovely Lynda. Your colours are great. Don't think I will get around to doing this quilt .... buy you never know, one day, one day, if I live long enough.

Jenny

Sarah said...

They look lovely Lynda!! I am nearly finished block 2 - just had to add the finishing touches to the mug Bag first. Love the fabric you have chosen too!
x Sarah

Mary Ann said...

Hi Lynda! Your blog is just fantastic! I look forward to reading it on a regular basis! Love the fabrics you're using for your Truly Scrumptious blocks...wish I could have resisted buying more fabric for mine, as well!! Oh, well! What's a bit more in the cupboard, right?! Cheers, Mary Ann

justine said...

Hi I came across your site while searching for information on Truly Scrumptious. I would love to make the quilt using my own fabrics but I can only find for sale as B.O.M. can you tell me if I am able to purchase pattern only?

Lynda said...

Hi Justine

Sorry I could reply directly to you. I bought mine as pattern only from http://www.moorepatchwork.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=304.

regards
Lynda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...