08 February 2008

Bits and Pieces

This is "Nancy and her Notions", another Debbie Magee (Always Stitchin') doll. The pattern was in Homespun No 42. I've had the bits and pieces ready to make her for ages and finally decided the time had arrived. Amazing what a bit of tea-dying can do to a few pieces of fabric and lace. One more doll to finish ("Loubee Lou"), then that's it for quite a while.

Two more "Truly Scrumptious" girls are finished (Ava and Tilly) - these designs are so whimsical - love them to bits. I'm going to do a couple of other bits and pieces before I start the next girl.

One of the best things about the whole quiltmaking process is slicing up fabric. Here are 220 blocks (from my fabric stash so I'm feeling pretty good about that) all ready to be stitched and pieced for Ruth's Quilt. Bought some variegated thread for the stitcheries - have taken a real fancy to variegated threads lately.

I'm happy the weekend has arrived - bit more time for tracing, vliesofixing. The time has arrived to stitch another Vintage Valentine block. And, if the unbelievable amount of rain we've been having continues, will be a good excuse to stay indoors.

6 comments:

keslyn said...

Have fun stitching your Ruth's quilt, we sleept under my Ruths Quilt last night for the first time, all quilted and bound.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your stitcheries, I have just pulled out my book "Living the Dream" and I am hoping to start Ruths Quilt in the next day or so...

Sarah said...

WOW!! Got three blocks done already??!! I am still on no.2 LOL
Just love the fabrics you have chose for Ruth's Quilt - very romanitc.
x Sarah
PS: your doll is beautiful xx

Christine said...

I love the threads you're using for your Truly Scrumptious girls. They go perfectly with your fabrics. Thanks for sharing.

Helen said...

Love your fabrics for the TS and you are really getting on with it. Another great doll Lynda, I'm making 2 Debbie Magee dolls at the moment. Can one have too many dolls I ask ? nah I certainly don't think so.

Helen

alda said...

the fabrics are so beautiful! I love Patchwork & Stitching.
Your Blog is very pretty!!

alda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...