18 November 2008

Stitching + Shopping = Good Times

Finished the secret sewing last night

and also added some of "tinsel" to the "Funky Advent" wallhanging - bit more to go tonight then the angel and presents can be appliqued.

Received a box in the mail yesterday

containing beautifully wrapped packages and my first jelly roll

Bought the charm packs and "snow" fabric to put away for when I feel like starting "Dear Jane"
and couldn't for the life of me remember what I'd had in mind for the Christmas fabric, then it came to me this morning - thought I'd make a Christmas version of "Happy Days" and applique stars or Christmas trees instead of the flowers. Thanks Maree for letting us know about the fabric sale.

Waiting for one piece of back-ordered fabric to arrive for "Ruffles 'n' Rows" then I can start that quilt - can't wait 'cause it's so cute.

Looking forward to next weekend - on Saturday Mum, the Schoolgirls and I are going to the Monet exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW. I'm making plans to visit the National Art Gallery in Canberra in January to see the Degas exhibition - when I was much younger my bedroom curtains featured the Degas ballerinas (no, I wasn't a ballet dancer - just liked the paintings).

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I have lost the plot again, so far behind in the blog reading, this thing called work taking up too much of my time, you have been busy
your "Funky Advent" wall hanging looks interesting, take care Pegxx

Cathy said...

Love your Christmas tree, I agree with Peg it is really funky!! You look like you have had a happy time ordering fabric...well done!! Cathyx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...