05 December 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Tonight was the night to start putting up some of the Christmas decorations. I have a growing collection of Willow Tree figurines (started by Peta and Michael) and a few Christmases ago I bought the Willow Tree Nativity. I think it's beautiful.

I also love this Christmas Krinkles "12 Days of Christmas".

Another "The Wish Quilt" stitchery block is finished. They are such sweet designs.

Am hoping to finish off a couple of swap presents in the next few days - too many other activities to be able to get into the sewing room.
Yesterday was Mum's 81st birthday - she wanted to see "Australia" and have tea at Subway so we did. I have very mixed feelings about the movie. I hope I have half Mum's energy when I'm her age - she's truly amazing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your little Wish Quilt block it is too cute...Your Mum looks Great for her age and still getting about which is a Good thing...have also heard mixed feelings about that movie..am yet to see it..
cheers

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your Mum , she does look great . We're going to see Aust . in the school holidays .
Clare's Craftroom

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lynda love your Christmas decos, the stitchery is just so cute, but how good does your mum look 81 she looks amazing....Happy Birthday to your mum Lynda.

Cathy said...

I love your Willow Tree Nativity...it is on my to buy list one day!! Am planning to take the girls and Andrew to see Australia on Friday....tell me the low-down! (can I sit through it without wishing I had some stitching in my hand??) Cathyx

Anonymous said...

I adore your Nativity Scene...luv that stuff.
Happy belated birthday to your Mum

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum!! I hope she enjoyed her special day! Not sure if I really want to see Australia myself.... I have not heard anyone rave about it!!
x sarah
PS: Your decorations look great and I am yet to put mine up lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...