19 January 2009

Over-committing

Last year I found myself easily caught up in all the excitement of the free BOM's etc that were available in blogland. I started two but have since fallen way behind and have no idea, at this stage, when I will be catching up. This year I've decided that I won't be "signing up" to any of the new BOM's, challenges etc - my only goal is to make at least one Christmas-themed goodie each month and anything else I start or finish will be a bonus. No "to do" list, a "wish list" instead.

On the weekend I did some more machine quilting on "Sharon's Roses" - will it be finished in time for Sharon's birthday (3 February)? We'll see. This has definitely been a "work in very slow progress". My lunchtime stitching is "Vintage Valentines" blocks 9 and 10. Check out Helen's "Vintage Valentines" blocks - they are absolutely gorgeous. At home I've been stitching Hatched and Patched's "Christmas Table Toppers" - they are very cute but gee I still need a lot of needleturn practice. The kit was part of Honeysuckle Cottage's 2008 Christmas Club.

For Christmas Sharon bought me "My Angel Garden" kit and pattern - I traced the angels while I was on holidays, so this little tablemat will be ready to stitch while watching the tennis once I've finished the Christmas mats. Very pretty fabrics in the kit.

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you have a lovely list of projects to complete Lynda....

Anonymous said...

Funny reading this as I have signed up for 2 online BOM's already but I only have Truly Scumptious on the go ATM

Gina said...

Itried to resist all the online BOM's but have succumbed to 3. that's not bad for me, saying that though I haven't started any of them yet.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jen said...

Hey Lynda I have just finished the little angle table topper and put a pic of it on my blog. It is really cute I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...