05 August 2009

Deja Vu

In 1971 I was in Year 11. During one school holiday I was one of 25 or so girls from school who caught a train to Sydney (the big smoke) to see "Love Story". Easy to picture a whole row of 16-17 year old girls in the theatre crying, sobbing loudly etc. Fast forward 38 years and last night I was in a picture theatre with 7 friends crying, some sobbing etc as we watched "My Sister's Keeper". I enjoyed the movie (even with the ending different to the book) but found I was so mad with the Mum throughout - don't want to say too much as the movie has just been released here. I can only be so very thankful to have 3 healthy children.

4 comments:

Bec said...

Sounds enticing, saw the ad for it recently. So which did you prefer, the book or the movie????

miss~nance said...

Lynda - i sooooo wanted to punch the mum out when I read the book. bit sad that they changed the ending, its one of threasons that book is in my top 3 books - I havent seen it but my niece has and said they changed quite a lot of the book.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I have heard this is a very sad movie....yes we are lucky with our children...

Leanne said...

Oh I remember seeing Love Story sob sob. I haven't seen My sisters Keeper yet but read the book ages ago. It is a really emotive issue I am thankful for 2 healthy children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...