10 November 2010

Attention Span

These days I have the attention span of a gnat.  I've found over the last 10 years or so that I am unable to work on one thing at a time - I used to be able to work on one cross-stitch or sequin one dancing costume but since taking up patchwork, stitching, bag and dollmaking etc I seem to jump from one thing to another without much rhyme or reason (except if there is a deadline looming).

Spare time this week has been taken up with cutting out the blocks and appliques for The Wish Quilt.  These beautiful fabrics are Yuletide Blessings from Fig Tree Quilts - lovely colours, just the tiniest bit different to the usual Christmas colours - and were a birthday present a couple of years ago from dear Peg.  I've been saving the fabrics for this quilt and am tickled pink with how the blocks are coming together.


A girlfriend and I try to get together each month for dinner and to see a movie.  Last night we saw "Life as We Know It" - wasn't overly fussed about seeing this movie but I loved it.  Not quite the usual girlie movie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes they are lovely colours, you now realise you will have to re-do all the other christmas decorations to match LOL

Yvette said...

What a cute quilt this is going to be!

I think I have quilters ADD. I can't work on one thing at a time. I think it would be ideal to work on 1 had project and 1 machine project at a time. I can dream. LOL

Bec said...

Love it! It is definately coming together beautifully! I agree with Yvette, quilters DO add! Just can't seem to help it!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I thought that's how we should be..is that not normal...LOL....the block looks fantastic Lynda..

Maria said...

I agree with Peg. I often jump from one thing to another.
I also saw that movie with a friend and enjoyed it.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Oh you are just multi-talented.

Love those bags in the previous post.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

nice share, good article, very usefull for me...thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...