08 November 2010

Weekend Sewing

In between housework, shopping with my daughter and Mum, a couple of things were finished off for Christmas presents.  The last of the Babushka fabric has been used to make two Melly & Me Feathered Friends Bags - with machine embroidered pocket flaps that say "Babushka".  One of the bags is for my DIL Peta and the other for a workmate who is from a Ukrainian family and has a real Baba in her family.


The embroidery machine was cranking out a few designs on tea towels.  Sometimes I like to use a tea towel as present wrapping with a ribbon tie to hold it all together.


Bronwyn Hayes's "The Wish Quilt" has been on the go for so very long as my on and off lunchtime stitching.  Decided to take it home to do while watching tv at night and this block is finished.  Many more to go.


Lastly, this is a sneak peek of my Secret Santa present for my on-line stitching group.  I sewed it up yesterday afternoon and am so happy to have this finished.


10 sleeps till I visit my friend up north.

6 comments:

Yvette said...

You have been very busy! I love those Babushka bags, just too adorable!!

Your embroidery is perfect, I look forward to seeing more.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The bags looks fantastic Lynda..tea towels such great gifts and that sounds a great idea as a wrapping...you have been busy...

Maria said...

Your Baba bags are gorgeous.
Great idea to use a tea towel as wrapping Lynda.
Beautiful redwork stitching too.

Bec said...

Beautiful projects you have been working on, I especially love the Babushka bags.....

Lorraine said...

lovely stitching Lynda - I didn't even venutre into the sewing room on the weekend..did a bit of hand stitching on a Christmas project...but apart from that...nothing! Did get loads of housework done though ...and of course I was nursing little Rose after her op!

Crafty Chookie said...

You have been a busy bee like me...Yet there still seems to be not enough time..LOL..Love your work..All so beautiful..
Hugs xx Michelle xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...