16 June 2011

Not Long Now

The final large "The Wish Quilt" block is finished.  Hooray!


I had a few problems tracing the Santa and sleigh design onto the green stripe fabric so, after some discussion with a friend, I traced the design onto Solvy and stitched through that.  It has worked really well but could probably do with another rinse as the linen still feels a bit stiff.  I'm using Solvy for the little floral sprays on the red background too.  This isn't the sticky Solvy that I've seen recently on some blogs, it's the Solvy I use for machine embroidery.  I hope to find the sticky Solvy at the Quilt Show next week because printing directly from the scanner to the Solvy would be great in many instances.

4 little blocks to go and I'll be done!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the design, yes it is a bit too detailed to freehand the design, I was going to suggest a transfer pencil but it sounds like you found the perfect thing to use

Leanne said...

It looks lovely, I have not heard of sticky printable solvy.

Maria said...

Your Santa and sleigh are just gorgeous .

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Thats a beautiful block you've stiched....& just spotted the shoes on the post below....gorgeous!!
Cheers....Jane.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Your block looks super, great that the solvy came to the rescue. Good luck with the quilt.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Yvette said...

It's beautiful! You will love the printable Solvy, I use it for more intricate designs.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Lynda......your block is just gorgeous...love it....I have used the solvy a couple of times...good stuff...

Debbie said...

Hi Lynda, Have you ever tried "Press and Seal" a product by Glad.It is actually used for baking, it works really well and will stick by itself to fabric, it then peels away.Worth a try.

Bec said...

The Wish Quilt is looking fantastic! Great problem solving, I have never used either of the solvy's.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...