06 July 2011

This Week's Sewing

"Sweet" is on the frame and about 1/3 quilted.  I love the spotty backing fabric.  This is the first time I've used the Aurora on the frame and it's different to using the old 830.  I'm using the BSR and have found it easier to use it with the foot pedal rather than with the stop/start button.  Actually seeing the area to be quilted is a bit of an issue with this machine as the motor over the needle/foot is much larger than I'm used to.  Aside from that the quilting is going really well and I'm happy with the stitch size, tension etc.


Lunchtime stitching is "Pies and Tarts" - I already had 7 pies appliqued to their backgrounds and all these tarts made.  Last night at stitching group I sewed the other 4 pies to their backgrounds and put them on the design sheet when I arrived home (the tarts are pinned in place and the white backgrounds are not trimmed).


When I have a few more pies finished I'll think about sewing some of the blocks together and adding some tarts - I want to make sure I don't have two backgrounds the same next to each other.  The fabrics sent in the BOM from Quilt Fabric Delights are so vivid and fresh and I've found quite a few more in my stash to add to the mix - it's going to be a lovely quilt.  There's a good chance I'll make it a bit larger than in the pattern.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely pie an start fabric, you are so clever quilting your own quilts, I wouldn't know where to start

Yvette said...

I love our Pies and Tarts. I have all the backgrounds cut for mine but I am still unsure how to do my tarts. Are you using the glue method?

I love that you have a frame. One day I hope to get one too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt is looking good Lynda...not long and that will be finished as well...the Pies and Tarts look yummy (LOL)...the fabric is gorgeous..

Nicky said...

Looking lovely Lynda, I am going to live vicariously through your Pies and tarts quilt. I would love to do this one but I know I'd never get it finished. lol
Glad you're enjoying your current projects.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Beautiful pies & tarts Lynda....love your spotty fabric as well!!
Cheers....Jane.

Leanne said...

My friend started the same pies and tarts. It looks great. I am collecting the months from Sue Daley in reproduce fabrics which is something very different for me. I have to finish my red and white quilt first. I will enjoy watching your progress.

Khris78 said...

Your pies are gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...