19 October 2011

Steelworks Picnic Day

Monday was Steelworks Picnic Day so The Girls came to play.  I made quiches for lunch, Sharon brought salad (and flowers) and Karen brought sweets.

Quiche Lorraine
Quiche with chorizo and loads of vegies
"Hot Cross" from Carrie Nelson's "Schnibbles Two" book, using a Bliss layer cake I'd bought from Bec, was my sewing for the day - the fabrics have been cut out for months and this quilt was a great choice for easy piecing while chatting etc.


I didn't take any more photos during the day - forgot.  Sharon was busy hand-stitching, Kerryn was sewing blocks for her raggy flannel quilt (her first quilt) and Karen made this bag - it looks great and she's started her Christmas present stash.

Karen's bag - photo from Karen
I kept sewing on Monday night and finished off the blocks.  Trimmed them up last night and put them on the design sheet - not 100% sure of the layout yet.  LOVE the Bliss fabrics and think this quilt will be lovely when it's finished.  Once the blocks are sewn together I'll add a small white inner border, a wide outer border in the aqua floral and red binding.  I'm giving it to Michael and Peta - I think Peta will love it.

Hot Cross designed by Carrie Nelson
We had a lovely day and look forward to another sewing day soon.

A girlfriend and I went to see "The Cup" last night - wonderful Aussie movie.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM! I'll have a bit of those quiche please!
<3
EwdH
xox

Anonymous said...

looks like you had lots of fun sewing, the quilt is gorgeous, if she doesn't like it think of me :)

Yvette said...

That bliss quilt is gorgeous! I love that fabric.
The quiche's look so delicious.

trishie said...

Looks like a lovely day. The quiches look yum and the quilt beautiful!

PS: i am having a giveaway at my blog at the moment, would love for you to enter:
http://trishiekoh.blogspot.com/2011/10/busby-review-and-giveaway.html

Lorraine said...

If Peta doesn't like it you can send it my way.....sounds like you had a great stitching day with the girls....can't beat one of those!

Lorraine said...

If Peta doesn't like it you can send it my way.....sounds like you had a great stitching day with the girls....can't beat one of those!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the quilt, the colours are gorgeous Lynda......yum to the quiche, I bet there were no leftovers...xx

Bec said...

What a great day for you and the girls! Lunch looked very yummy, and Hot Cross Buns Bliss looks fantastic! I am sure Michael and Peta will love it! How are wedding plans coming along?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...