03 December 2011

My New Favourite Decoration

Well, for today at least ... I love coming across Christmas decorations that I've forgotten about.  When Mum, Elizabeth, Jenni and I went to Melbourne in January I saw the very cute Dopey decoration from Jim Shore's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Ornament Set.  Had to buy the whole set and I'd forgotten about it until Thursday when I was bringing out all the decorations.  I knew I didn't want to put them on the Christmas Tree and thought they'd look nice on their own white branch tree.  After trips to the garden for branches and to the hardware shop for white paint plus one vase from the cupboard, we have:


The apple decoration has a scene showing the cottage in the woods - it's too heavy to hang from one of the branches.  I'm hoping the vase will look lovely on the table when all of the decorating is finished.

Looks like white branch trees are very popular this Christmas - the guy in the hardware shop said he's lost count of the tins of white gloss spray paint he's sold this week.

Almost finished the secret hand-sewing and I'm hoping to crank up the embroidery machine next week.

Beautiful weather the last couple of days - so lovely after all the rain.  Michael, Peta and Jenni are at HomeBake today - their summer of festivals has started.

Back to the decorating - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".

5 comments:

De said...

Beautiful Lynda! Even the blog has a bit of Christmas decorating :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh how cute is that one...I am glad you remembered it...

Maria said...

Oh I love your Snow white and the Dwarfs on your lovely white Christmas tree.

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
luv
EwdH

Lorraine said...

I love Jim Shore ornies! A local store had loads last Christmas but when I went theret the other day they said they weren't going to stock them anymore....massive sad face from me...! love your tree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...