25 January 2012

Twirling Bliss

Thanks to some great tennis last night, watching Rafael Nadal win, this quilt top is now finished.


I had just enough of the spot fabric left to make a narrow border, so I am very pleased about that as I really like a narrow border then a wider border on quilts.


I love this quilt top.  Finally bought a roll of batting (from Sarah at Patchworks Plus), so maybe next week I'll start quilting.  I have another Fig Tree quilt half made that I'd like to finish putting together this week.  I bought this one from Bec last year and half of the work was already done.  There's more great tennis coming up today and tomorrow (Nadal -v- Federer), so it looks like I'll be spending some more time in the sewing room.

12 comments:

Christine said...

WOW, Lynda ... it looks fabulous, and I love the spotty border. Superb.

De said...

Looks wonderful Lynda

gracie said...

ooh so pretty!

Leanne said...

You are speedy, it looks great.

Yvette said...

Lynda, that quilt is a beauty!

Cardygirl said...

Great top...fun!

Kylie said...

Love it xxxx

Anonymous said...

yes the spot is perfect, well done

Unknown said...

I Agree the Spot Border looks Great this is such a Pretty Quilt..
cheers

Sarah said...

WOW!! Looks fab! I have that pattern too, and it looks great in those fabrics!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh I love this one...gorgeous fabrics...

Bec said...

It's so pretty, modern, a bit funky and very appealling! I agree, wide borders definately don't suit all quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...