20 May 2012

Big Dots

Another night in front of the tv ("New Tricks" then "State Fair" on dvd) sewing down a binding:

Big Dots - 55" square (139-1/2 cms)

I've used the blue check for the binding and backing.  Two more bindings to sew down.

Friday night I started knitting a jacket for a little baby boy born recently.


It should fit him next year.  Lately I've been thinking about knitting a jumper for Michael (can't remember the last time I knitted something for him) so while on my travels yesterday I visited June's fabrics in Warilla and came home with a few bags of wool - Patons Inca in blue/green/grey - it's about 14 ply (at $2 off a ball it was a bargain).  I ordered a pattern book last night that has exactly what I want to make him.


This should knit up quickly and will be nice and cosy for his early morning walks to work.

Had a lovely day yesterday with a bit of shopping and visits to two friends.  Our stitching group is going to make "Island Chain" from Scrap Basket Sensations - another quilt that will look so wonderful in our various fabric preferences.  Rhonda and Karen will use batiks, Sharon is using Robyn Pandolph fabrics, not sure what Kerryn or Diann will use and I'm using Ruby with turquoise spot on milky white for background.


Also had a bit of a shop at Sarah's last night - some great bargains to be had there, especially the Vintage Modern fabric.

Think I'll go do some more cutting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt love those circles.xx

Lorraine said...

Love the big dots!!! lovely colour for the little one's jumper....my knitting has come to a standstill....might have to hurry on with it or winter will be here and gone! LOL

Claudia said...

Love your dots quilt :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...