24 June 2012

Cutting Out

I had some pieces of Hunky Dory fabric that I bought from Bec a while ago and I've been wondering what to make with them.  Saw the Spin Cycle pattern on Cluck Cluck Sew's blog, bought it and thought it would be just right then found some more Hunky Dory fabrics at Bella's Patchwork and I was all set.

Cut out a load of squares and triangles this moring


and made one block.  Think I'm going to really like these blocks when I get around to making some more.


I also dragged out my Not Quite Civil War blocks and made one more.

Hovering Hawks
I now have 37 blocks.  Don't think I'll make all of them - just a few more to fill one more row and that will do.


We went to Sydney yesterday and had lunch with Elizabeth and Matt at Una's in Darlinghurst - so much for the diet.  Great company and food.  Then we visited Michael and Peta and saw all of their wedding photos (1,623 of them!).  Bad news:  the jumper is way too big for Michael.  Good news:  Peta loves it (even though it swims on her) and wouldn't take it off.  So, I have more wool and will start another jumper for Michael.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your civil war blocks are so pretty.
Glad peta likes the jumper and sounds like you all had a lovely lunch.xx

Vicki said...

Blocks look lovely, Lynda and the collage of wedding photos is gorgeous! Pity about the jumper, but you know, with leggings and boots, Peta is set!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...