11 October 2012

Out with the old ...

and here's the new.  About 18 months ago my overlocker stopped working - just stopped.  I took it to the repairer and paid about $100 to have it fixed.  Worked like a charm for a year and then it just wouldn't go again.  Packed it up to take back to the repairer and that day I received an email advising an excellent Janome sale that's on till the end of the month so I did the responsible thing and bought a new 4 reel overlocker for under $300.


It is now out of the box and in the sewing room but I haven't tried it out yet.

Here are some Stepping Stones blocks I've been sewing up this week.  All the outer nine patch blocks are together and I'm working on the inner 24 blocks.  The fabric is an old Fig Tree range "Fig and Plum".

My friend Karen is also making this quilt and has used Rouenneries Deux by French General - her quilt top is together and is beautiful.

I found the missing photo of Milky Way, one of the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks:


One of the easier blocks in the book and I've made a mistake in the top right-hand corner.

Quiet weekend coming up - looking forward to it.

8 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Well done on your new Overlocker, mine is years old and my trusty friend. You amaze me with your quilts on the go. Good luck with them all.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Maria said...

Hope you get many happy years of sewing with the new overlocker Lynda.

Lovely quilt you are working on..
Pleased you found the missing block.

Diann said...

I think you were extremely responsible to buy a new overlocker! Love the Pink Hexagon quilt too but do you think Milky Way looks a bit odd? I went back to the book to see if that’s how is supposed to look, and it is, but it looks a bit squiffy from a distance, doncha think?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have fun...

Vicki said...

I sold my old overlocker last year when I bought a new 4 thread Janome. My previous one was only a 3 thread. I was as thrilled to sell to someone just starting out as she was to buy it!
Love my new one too :)

Josie said...

Love your Fig Tree quilt. I have a little stash of Fig & Plum too... so pretty. Congrats on your decision to go for that new overlocker... great deal. Glad you found your block too.

Bec said...

The Fig and Plum quilt is looking lovely! Did you end up with the overlocker that came with a sewing machine?

Bec said...

and I wouldn't worry about the mistake, leave it in. It will add some intrest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...