25 March 2013

Simplicity

Last Monday these two bags the postman delivered a big package to my place containing these two bags:

Inside one of the bags was my Simplicity quilt.  I started making this quilt at a retreat in Kingaroy in June 2009 and finally put the last borders on in February 2012.

I then spent the next while wondering how to quilt this pretty quilt top and at the end of last year a friend bought herself a long-arm quilter, so I sent it up to her.  The quilt looks fabulous.  I love the cross-hatching around the applique medallion and the large flowers over the rest of the quilt is great.


The pretty backing
Close-up of the lovely quilting
The last stitches in the binding were sewn last night - wonderful to finish off something that's been put aside for so long.

A few Oh Cherry Churn Dash blocks are together.  Once all the chain piecing is done it's pretty quick work assembling the blocks.


I was planning to put white sashing between the blocks but I think I like the look of the blocks without sashing.  The quilt top with have the colours randomly placed - not in single-colour rows :)  8 down, 22 to go.

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Your friend did a great job on your quilt. The Churn Dash block is one of my favourites and I love the simplicity of the straight sets and the pretty colours.

De said...

gorgeous quilt Lynda.

marina said...

what a beautiful finish!
loving your churn dash blocks. they are going to make such a gorgeous quilt.

Susan said...

Wow, that quilting really is something special. Your churn dash blocks are coming along nicely too.

Lorraine said...

Yikes! Love that finish...the quilting sets it off beautifully....ok...so what was in the other bag??? Something secret??

Yvette said...

What a beautiful quilt. Your friend did a wonderful job quilting it and you did a wonderful job piecing it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...