05 February 2014

Sewing Blocks

I think I'm up-to-date with the "Goodnight Irene Sew-Along".  Hoping to make my quilt a bit larger than the original plan.


Last weekend a couple of friends celebrated Big Birthdays - had a lovely time on Saturday night at Barbara's birthday dinner.


Dear Marina sent me a fantastic bagful of Bonnie and Camille "Bliss" offcuts.  I've added these to my stash of "Ruby" and a couple of "Vintage Modern" fabrics and have started making the "Scrappy Trip Around the World" - a short attention span has struck again.


All the blocks have the tiny polka dot as the central diagonal

So far none of the blocks are pressed after the initial strips are sewen together and the blocks aren't sewn together - I'm not keen on pressing the blocks until the final layout is decided because there are so many seams.

15 comments:

Jeanna said...

Your Goodnight Irene blocks are coming along nicely. I love your fabric choices...makes a happy quilt :)

Maria said...

Lovely colours you are using for both your scrappy quilt tops..
looking great...

Anonymous said...

oooo orange, my favourite colour, looks great and your trip around the world is looking goo too, very pretty

Anonymous said...

oh my you are clever Lynda,i love both of them but the bottom one is my favourite,well done ,you do such beautiful work.xx

Susan said...

Lovely, bright projects Lynda. Love the white crosses in the pattern of the top one.

marina said...

goodnight Irene isgrowing beautifully! love the round the world in the bonnie and camille.
Great that the bliss have found a purpose.

Helen said...

Looking good, you are going well with your blocks, very pretty.

Helen

Terry said...

Love your Irene blocks! It's so great seeing these quilts coming together! :0)

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

I love seeing what you do with your short attention span. Great to see bloggers sharing fabric.

Happy days.
Bev.

Marsha Cooper said...

yours is looking really nice too....I think I am going to go for the 5x5 to start with, but I have tons of little squares already cut so thinking of making another quilt later. Only time will tell on that one. I put just the x's down together and I think that would make a fun quilt too.

Lorraine said...

Loving the trip around the world blocks...you are making great progress on both projects.

Leanne said...

Your sewing projects are looking lovely Lynda.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...love them Lyndah..

Karen said...

Very pretty Irene quilt blocks. I am thinking of making mine bigger too. How many blocks are you going to use in each row?

Rosa said...

Your blocks are just beautiful.Love both projects.Happy sewing!!

I am making mine bigger too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...