13 March 2014

More Blocks

Arrived home on Monday night to find a package from Quiltmania in the mail - so excited - Anni Downs' new book.


The book is fantastic.  The main reason I wanted the book was for the bag pattern - there are so many beautiful designs for projects of all sizes.

Finished off some blocks this week:  "Scrappy Trip Around the World" and "Goodnight Irene"


Have a few quilt tops to sew together over the next weeks but I could be tempted to start something new as I have blocks for at least 2 more quilt tops already cut.

I believe my "Tone it Down" quilt is going onto Sarah's frame tomorrow - very exciting.   Backing fabric for "Scrappy Trip" has been bought.  Hoping I have a large enough piece of backing fabric for "Goodnight Irene" already in the sewing room.
 
Another package arrived yesterday - prize from the Nowra Quilt Show - a honey bun of some Moda fabric.  Lovely surprise.


Busy weekend coming up - there's always something happening at my place.

5 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Getting good mail is fun, it is lovely to know that you will find lots of great projects in the book. You have been busy in the sewing room,you inspire me to get back in there.
Enjoy your day.
Bev.

marina said...

lovely mail,
do I spy hexagons on that bag?
exciting waiting for your TID quilt.
well done on your win, must be tempting to start something new.
hope there is some crafty busyness in your weekend's agenda

Maria said...

Do I need to but another book??? Sew many nice projects in it.
Nice blocks and such lovely mail ....

Raewyn said...

I like the fabrics you are using for your X-blocks. Lovely purchase and win - you sure have plenty to keep you occupied!

DAWNIE said...

Hi lynda yes agrees this book is fabulous and that bag is a must have. Love annis designs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...