02 October 2014

Scrappy Trip Around the World

It's about time I came back to my blog after a little time away.

My Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt has been finished for some time but I haven't been able to take any photos until recently.



This is a large quilt (96"x 96"") and is made using all Bonnie and Camille fabrics. Sarah from Patchworks Plus quilted it for me with clamshells - one of my two favourite designs (the other is orange peel) and I'm tickled pink with how it turned out.  One of the labels is pretty special:


Camille was kind enough to sign some fabric for the ladies in her class when she visited Sydney in June.  I have another signature block for my Red Letter Day quilt.

The house repairs are finally complete and I am slowly moving things back into the spare bedroom and sewing room.  It will be a little while before I am finished and the house is back to it's normal state of chaos.

The spring weather has been glorious.  I spent Sunday afternoon with friends on a deck overlooking the lake eating homemade wood-fired pizza - thankyou Robyn, Lynell and Darren for a lovely afternoon.

7 comments:

Susan said...

It looks great on the bed.....a bit special to have Camille's signature on the back too. Good to hear the work is finished on your house and you can get back to normal....

Helen said...

That is lovely to have Camille's signature on your quilt, look fabulous too. Those pizza's look so yummie too.

Anonymous said...

It looks great and glad you are taking it easy...chat soon

marina said...

your trip around the world looks wonderful, I can see why you love the clamshells, it compliments the blocks perfectly.
extra special to have it autographed.
enjoy getting back to normal!

Leanne said...

Mmmmm wood fired pizzas

Maria said...

Your Scrappy looks fabulous and those pizzas look delicious too.

Sarah said...

Love this quilt! Of course it's made out of the prettiest fabric. I'm really only attracted to scrappy trip quilts that use a consistent colour in the centre to anchor them, like yours has. Others are just too scrappy and not balanced enough for my liking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...