03 February 2015

Not Quite Civil War Quilt

At the beginning of 2011, Barbara Brackman started a blog where she shared block designs and the history of the blocks from the American Civil War era.  This was a great opportunity to practice piecing and make blocks I hadn't made before.  Civil War fabrics are something I don't have in my stash so, in July 2011, I started making the blocks using only pink fabrics from my stash, so I called it "Not Quite Civil War" because of my fabric choices.

Finished making the blocks around June 2012 and in May 2014 sewed them into a quilt top.  I bought fabric for the sashing, backing and binding.  Karen quilted the quilt in a pretty flower and heart design for me two weeks ago and the binding was stitched down last week.

 
 

I think there are two more tops being quilted then I'm up-to-date.  I have plenty of new quilts cut out ready to sew up.

5 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

This turned out beautifully, love the pink tones of your quilt. You must be so happy to be up to date with all your lovely tops being made into quilts.

Happy days.
Bev.

creations.1 said...

Such a pretty quilt - it has turned out great!

Anonymous said...

wouldn't that look good in orange ;)

Susan said...

Avery pretty. Love the combination of civil war blocks with modern pink.

marina said...

wow your quilt is gorgeous.
the colours look amazing.
How wonderful to be surrounded by all those completed quilts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...