30 March 2015

A Day Off

I had a few flex hours saved up so took Thursday off work to sew my Goodnight Irene blocks into a quilt top.  Had a few things to do in the morning, started sewing after lunch and by evening the top was together.


Saturday I attached the first border


and the final three borders went on yesterday.  I've watched/listed to many "Gilmore Girls" episodes while sewing the last few days.


Need to make the backing then it can go off to be quilted.  At 96-1/2" square it's a bit big for me to quilt at the moment.  Really happy because I've used up all the fabric.  Will be so happy when this one is finished as it was due to go to its new home a little while ago.

Saturday night I went to a great birthday party for two dear friends - they had a wonderful time with so many friends, fun music etc.  When I went to see "Marigold Hotel" last weekend a trailer was shown for a new movie with David Tennant and Billy Connolly - "What We Did on Our Holiday".  Mum and I went to see it yesterday.  Fantastic movie.  We laughed and laughed.  There are some sad moments too.  Loved it.

Not a lot planned for Easter except spending some time with the family, some time in the garden and hopefully the sewing room as well as meeting up with the stitching girls.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Looks fantastic Lynda.....I must check that movie out.

Anonymous said...

I Love it, nice job but how can you give it away?

Would look nice done in orange....yummmmm

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it those borders look fantastic...happy Easter dear Lynda xxxx

Josie said...

I love that quilt! The colours are gorgeous and the piecing is perfect. Don't think I could part with it ;)
Hugs...xxx

Terry said...

It looks great...So bright and cheerful! :0)

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Ooh I love the colours in Goodnight Irene, I think you should get a job as a movie reviewer, I would love to live closer to a movie theatre.

Happy Easter.

Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...