17 March 2015

Basket Case

I think this is a great name for a quilt - we all experience times when we feel like a "basket case" and want to curl up under a quilt.

"Basket Case" is another fantastic design from Cluck Cluck Sew.  Allison's patterns are always so well written with excellent instructions and lots of diagrams.  I started making this quilt in May last year hoping to use up lots of my Oh Cherry Oh fabric - I still have quite a few pieces left but not enough to make a whole quilt, so the leftovers can now go into the general stash.



Karen quilted this for me using a very sweet cherry design (what else would a person choose?).


A couple of smaller quilts have been cut out.  One is Cluck Cluck Sew's new pattern called "Frolic" - a very sweet zig-zag cot quilt that is great for using up 2-1/2" squares and strips, and the other is a simple block quilt using "Puss in the Corner" blocks and a couple of Whitewashed Cottage charm packs with some Moda Bella Solid Snow.


Little Chicken Feather stitcheries are progressing - LCF himself is finished.  I'm currently stitching a pig on a bicycle.


Mum, Paula and I went to see "Sweet Charity" on Saturday night - it was a wonderful production and so nice to recognise one of the cast from a few years ago when he used to perform at our local eisteddfod.  Had a bit of sewing time over the weekend - working on the x-blocks of the pink/red/black Goodnight Irene.  Feels so different working with so much black in a quilt.  Hope to start putting the x's together over this coming weekend.

As I'm working in Sydney for a couple of days, I spent last night with Elizabeth, Matt and ChaCha - she is such a little sweetie - smiling, "talking" - so wonderful how a smile can melt my heart.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

lovely show and tell as always Lynda...you wouldn't have wanted to go to work this morning!

Helen said...

Sewing up a storm as usual, looks great. Love the little stitcheries too.
Your not spoiling Cha cha I hope....lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...