02 June 2015

New Quilts Underway

Spent Thursday night in Sydney.  Caught up with Peta and Michael then had a lovely time with Elizabeth, Matt and Miss ChaCha - she is such a sweetheart and so entertaining.  4 months old yesterday.

There has been lots happening in the sewing room over the last couple of weeks - some new starts because I always procrastinate when it comes to block layout for my quilts.  All the Orange Swoon blocks are made


 



 


and this quilt has come to a standstill because the next step is to add sashing and then layout.  Orange Swoon will be ~106" sq when finished.

There are plenty of orange fabrics left over so I've cut out another orange quilt using Thimble Blossom's Red Letter Day pattern.  This time I'm adding scrappy stars instead of the large plain white squares.


On Saturday the Stitching Girls had a sewing day to work on our Shortcake quilts - designed by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew - I love her patterns. Mine is being made from a large variety of Fig Tree fabrics.  Our only rule is that we must use stash fabric.


I need a couple of cot quilts as some of my friends are having grandbabies.  I've wanted to make a Kaleodoscope quilt for ages and babies are a great reason to try a new pattern. This one is excellent -  another design from Allison Harris and she always provides instructions for a variety of quilt sizes in each pattern.  The stitching girls and I went to Kiama on Sunday to visit the Modern Quilt Guild Show and I picked up some Peter Rabbit fabric for the kaleidoscope centres.  The grey blades are light grey with a tiny white pin dot.


For a few weeks I've been keen to start the Thimble Blossoms Scrappy Sampler Quiltalong and yesterday I received the pattern for "Lollies" (I have the other patterns) so I could start last night.  Not 100% sure about the aqua background but it does make a nice change from white/off-white/cream.


It's great to be using up so much of the fabric in my cupboards.

8 comments:

Deb R said...

All your blocks are lovely!

marina said...

more orangy gorgeousness!!
Love your kaleidescope quilt, definitely a great idea for a baby quilt.
the little peter rabbit in the centre looks so cute.
Your new quiltalong looks great too and the aqua is looking good too!
happy sewing.
sounds like you had some great time with your baby girl

Susan said...

You are a whirlwind of making Lynda! All lovely and fun projects!

Susan said...

Great progress. Love the baby quilt with the little Peter Rabbits. You must have a very big stash.

Maria said...

Always LOVE all the gorgeous bright quilts you work on...

Helen said...

My goodness you are a very busy girl.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Love all your beautiful quilts you've been making lately xx

Anonymous said...

i am loving the orange blocks Lynda xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...