28 July 2015

Busy Few Days

I took two days off work last week:  one to attend a class with Barb and Mary from Me and My Sister, then the next to supposedly sew for the whole day.

Thursday was such a great day.  Drove to Sydney with three friends for the class.  Barb and Mary are so delightful and friendly - just like their fabric designs.  The girls designed the Oh Cherry Oh fabric I've used a lot as well as the Text Me quilt blocks I made a while ago (still have to sew all of those blocks together).


I decided to make the log cabin quilt as I've never made a whole log cabin quilt.  We were given a jelly roll and cutting instructions beforehand, which was a big help, so much cutting.  During the day there were loads of giveaways and we each received a cute pair of scissors, made a fob for the scissors, and also received a charm pack of the girls' next range and a pattern to use the charm pack.


Early Friday morning I received an email to say my new cutting table will be on its way very soon so instead of sewing I spent the day painting, cleaning and re-arranging furniture in the sewing room.  The room hasn't been so clean for ages.


Fitted in a bit of sewing on Friday night, mainly because I had the Swell fabrics all set out on the design sheet and wanted to clear it off to pack away.  Half of the blocks are sewn - 15 more to go.


Saturday morning Jenni and I visited a friend who has a very sweet new baby boy

Machine embroidered towels for the little sweetie
then the rest of the day was spent visiting my grandbabies - that's always fun - and had a lovely day on Sunday going out for lunch with girlfriends.  Needed to come back to work for a rest. 

2 comments:

marina said...

sounds like you have been having lots of fun.
lovely start on your log cabin blocks, they look great in those fabrics.
very pretty embroidery on the towels. so special.
hope you haven't been working too hard this week

Susan said...

All sounds delightful! Doesn't it feel great to have a good clean out! And a spot of painting is a nice change too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...