08 September 2015

Pink Kaleidoscope Cot Quilt

I have a pile of quilts with binding attached ready to be stitched down but no motivation to get on with the stitching.  Last night while watching tv with Jenni I thought I'd tackle the smallest quilt and it didn't take too long to finish it off.  Pink Kaleidoscope is designed by Allison Harris.  I love her patterns - they are very well-written, have options for a variety of sizes and they always turn out well.
 

I asked Karen to quilt it with bows - thought a pretty quilting design would go well with the sweet fabrics.  I love these bows she found.


The backing is a pretty pink tiny floral.


Now I'm ready for when one of my friends has a granddaughter - so many baby boys being born at the moment.

Had to spend a bit of time last week winding bobbins - I hate having to stop sewing to wind a bobbin or two.


One more border to add to Swell and the top will be finished.  This quilt will end up a nice size (about 72" x 84").


Stitching tonight - Karen and I are going to play with her cutting machine making Fig Tree charm squares for our full-sized Snippets quilts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda boy i love your two quilts you are so organised my friend,well done,have fun with your friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Go girl 😀😀😀😀 love the quilts xxx

Kylie said...

Wow love your bobbin tower!

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

The bow quilting design sets off the quilt perfectly. Having lots of bobbins makes for quicker sewing time. I need a few more bobbins but are thinking of getting a new machine sometime so have put it off.

Happy days.
Bev.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...