11 November 2015

Orange Swoon

When I met up with Sarah at quilt camp she gave me back Orange Swoon, which she had quilted - it's wonderful.  I started collecting fabrics for this quilt last year and began the blocks in May this year.


I need to find a space in the house so I can take a photo of the whole quilt and show the true colours - it's a whopper at 104" square.  I sewed on the binding last week when I arrived home from Tasmania and stitched the binding down over the next few nights.





I love the quilting design - it doesn't take over from the piecing but adds a lot of interest with the swirls against the sharp angles.

6 comments:

Susan said...

It's so gorgeous Lynda! You must be very happy with it!

marina said...

Your orange swoon looks fantastic! The quilting compliments it perfectly
That was a marathon binding session on a quilt so large.

Lib said...

The quilt is even more spectacular in real life, Lynda. Quilt camp was fun, so good you could come over for it.

Bev C said...

Hello Lynda,

Gosh that orange swoon is stunning, what a effort to sew the binding on. Are you keeping this one?

Happy days.
Bev.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love this Lynda 💖💖😘

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the look of the orange swoon quilt...........

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...