05 May 2016

Batik Piccadilly Circus

Not quite three weeks ago I received a request for a custom-made quilt and today the finished quilt was sent off to the USA.  The customer had very specific requirements about colour and size, and she wanted the quilt made using the same pattern as one of the quilts I have for sale.  I had some of the fabrics in my stash and I was able to purchase the rest from my local fabric shop.


The quilt is for a wedding present and I was asked to embroider the bride and groom's names as well as the wedding date on the centre of the middle Dresden plate block.

Fortunately Karen was able to drop everything and do the quilting straight away - this saved loads of time and I finished stitching down the binding last night.

Time to get back to some of the other quilt tops in the WIP pile.  The Scrappy Churndash blocks are in various stages of assembly and are enjoyable to sew.


No progress on Starlight, Hopscotch or Scrappy Log Cabin for a while.

Bedroom reno progress:  quotes have been received for floor polishing, in-built wardrobe and electrical work.  Electrical work will be done next week.  No renovating for me this weekend - I'm spending the weekend with ChaCha and Gulliver.

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the quilt πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–it sort of pops❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Hi lynda you are amazing my friend with the beautiful quilts that you make,well done,hope your day is a good one Lynda :)

marina said...

So beautiful Lynda
Love the churn dash blocks too!
Hope you had a great weekend with your babies

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...