26 July 2016

The Two of Us

"The Two of Us" is a very cute little bag designed by Rosalie Dekker.  I first made this back in January 2012 for a friend's birthday present, and thought it would make a very cute little bag for little ChaCha using some Tasha Noel charm squares a sweet friend had given to me.


I reduced the pattern by 20% to make it more ChaCha-size.


The jacket and overalls have been finished for months except for the buttons.  Delivered these to ChaCha as well - they should fit next year but you never know with her because she's so tall.  More patterns from the book I bought when Michael was a baby.


Mum and I had a a great day in Sydney on Saturday - shopping at IKEA then visits with our two little sweethearts and my bigger sweethearts.  ChaCha and Gulliver are so much fun and very entertaining.


"Cheerio" is now sewn together and waiting to be quilted.  I love how fresh and happy all the colours look together with the white/red polka dot background fabric.


Sunday afternoon was quilting time - "Marmalade" is done.  The binding is on too - hoping to stitch it down tonight.



Happy to recommend long-arm basting rather than pins - pulling out the threads in much easier than pinning a quilt.  I have another quilt that Karen basted for me a while ago and it will be quilted soon (I hope).

A work colleague and I went to the Helpmann Awards last night - this is an annual ceremony for live theatre in Ausralia and there are performances from various shows throughout the ceremony.  Lots of celebrity spotting.


"Matilda" was nominated for 13 awards and won all 13.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You are having a wonderful time Lynda! Lots of lovely sewing and a night out at the Helpmanns and fun times with the family and grandchildren!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...