25 October 2016

Last week I took three quilt tops and backings over to Karen for quilting:  Swell, Spool Sampler and Hopscotch. 


Picked up Swell from Karen on the way home from work last night - it looks fantastic -


and Spool Sampler quilting is almost finished.  It's looking great too.





FigTree Diamonds quilt top has been a fun challenge to put together using a pile of half-square triangles I sewed up ages ago.


I made the backing last night and was so pleased with the joins in the fabric - it's great when the fabric design is so helpful.



For some unknown reason I had a bee in my bonnet to start Medley, again using my FigTree stash and Bella Solids for the backgrounds - I have smaller pieces in Ivory, FigTree Cream and Butter.



I think there will be just enough of each bakcground colour to make the quilt top.  This is where I stopped last night.  Friendship Star border is next.  This quilt will contain the last of many of my favourite FigTree fabrics.


We had another family birthday last week.  I made another crochet basketweave scarf - this time with fringing at each end - using Bendigo Woollen Mills Bloom wool in grey.


Had a great weekend.  Out with friends for dinner on Friday night for Robyn's birthday (Fruit Tingle cocktails are very nice).


My little Sweetheart ChaCha came for a sleepover on Saturday night and GG (Mum) joined us for dinner.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your quilts especially the one you have just started, it's going to look amazing with the beautiful figtree fabric's also one of my favourites.
Have fun :)

Susan said...

I love the look of the Medley quilt Lynda! That red centre star is very striking!

Maria said...

Your quilts always look great...
The new one looks like a fun one for you to make

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of great quilts ........

Melody said...

Wow, wonderful quilts

Anonymous said...

Lots of lovely sewing there Lynda and how wonderful Cha Cha had a sleepover with nana xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...