31 October 2017

New Starts

Over the weekend I had some unexpected sewing time, so I made the centre block of "Medley" (designed by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts), a quilt that has been requested by a dear friend.  She chose a beautiful turquoise floral and butterfly fabric for the backing and I bought some more fabrics from the same range and added a few more from my stash.


Yesterday I was chatting on Messenger with another friend and mentioned that I really wanted to make "Handmade with Love" so when I arrived home last night I started cutting and sewing.  It's wonderful to be sewing with larger pieces of fabric and makes these blocks so much fun to sew.



Can't wait to start on the next gift boxes - they will take longer to make as they have more pieces.  I really should be getting on with a few other things but I love this instant gratification sewing.

106/145 Scrappy Stars made - having a little rest from making these.


Had a fun weekend with ChaCha staying over - we visited some friends, had dinner out and spent some time with GG on Sunday morning.  Then there was a Hawks game on Sunday afternoon - very exciting game which they lost in overtime. 

2 comments:

Maria said...

I really like your New Start. The fabrics and bigger blocks look great...
You have nearly finished your Scrappy Star blocks...Good on ya..

Lorraine said...

Busy as always Lynda! I am looking forward to getting into the sewing room again - I am in the process of rearranging (read for that "gutting") it and it has taken far more time and energy than I anticipated when I started two weekends ago 😱

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...