27 November 2017

Ziggy's Quilt

A friend of Jenni's had a baby boy a couple of months ago and Jenni asked me to make him a quilt with the David Bowie lightning flash. I really had no idea how to go about making this quilt top and tried not to think about until Jenni reminded me two weeks ago.  She sent me a sketch of what she wanted and I felt more confident to start.

The quilt top only took a few nights to put together and Karen was able to quilt it for me the day after I dropped it off.  Picked it up yesterday afternoon and last night the binding was stitched down.

 


This year I wanted to start the Christmas decorating early as I have lots happening in December, so most days for the last two weeks I've spent an hour or so putting out Christmas stuff.  Almost finished.  Yesterday Mum and ChaCha decorated the tree - had trouble trying to keep Mum off the ladder.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yep I would have been puzzled as to make a Lighting Flash baby quilt too.
Good your friend sent a drawing. Turned out great and Karen's quilting worked well.

Love the train.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...