05 February 2018

Plans have changed ...

My friends weren't able to come up on Friday night after all so Miss ChaCha had a sleepover and I cut out a cot quilt for a baby girl due in a couple of months using some fun fabrics Jenni had given me a while ago - there are cute raccoons, rabbits, arrows etc. I'm making it half a block wider and one row longer.


On Saturday Mum, ChaCha and I drove down the Shoalhaven Heads to visit Diann and Bill - so lovely to spend some time with them and then I had a lovely evening at Lynell and Darren's sitting on their deck, eating prawns, Mexican bean dip,  cheese etc.  Their view of Lake Illawarra and the local beaches is pretty spectacular.  Sunday evening Lynell and I went to visit Diann and Bill again before they started their trip home this morning.  Summer evenings on the South Coast are pretty sensational.

Karen sent a photo of the quilting on Lucy's cot quilt.  I love the Rainbow Hearts design.


Sunday was ChaCha's birthday party.  What a fun afternoon she had with her cousins and little friends!  Elizabeth and Matt had loads of games organised.  "Paw Patrol" is ChaCha's favourite show at the moment and Elizabeth made a fabulous birthday cake.  Inside were dalmation spots representing Marshall, the favourite dog.


I made the first block to be sent off in the Bonnie and Camille Beehive.  This one is designed by Thimble Blossoms (Camille Roskelley) and is from her Early Bird quilt.  The pink fabric is probably my all-time favourite from Bonnie and Camille's ranges.  I bought it at Quiltsmith in Sydney when Sarah and I attended a class with Camille.
 

We're going to the pictures again this week to see "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri".  We'll see "I Tonya" next week.

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Just pleased you could still catch up.......

Susan said...

I can highly recommend both films- they're great! Everything else sounds like fun too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda,wow you sure have been busy ,happy birthday to ChaCha i love her cake ,sounds like a wonderful time with Diann and Bill and i love your block xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...